Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Training Impressions

My impressions of the Tigers so far: Wow, they are going to mash this year. They have a lineup where Gary Sheffield is just an ordinary, average guy. It's going to be fun watching these guys.

The big concern is the bullpen. With Zumaya hurt, Rodney hurt and Todd Jones still looking for the strike zone, holding a lead could be interesting. It won't be a big deal for this lineup to score early and often. What could prove to be the Tiger's glaring weakness is the 7th-9th innings. If I'm the opposition I'm thinking all I need to do is stay within a few runs of the Tigers until we can get into the Tigers bullpen. I'm no Todd Jones hater. Most of the time he does a great job. I just hope Mr. Jones finds whatever he needs to fix real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment